After having had a very early breakfast in Shanghai, lunch at Hong Kong airport, afternoon tea at Bangkok airport, I arrived at Delhi airport 22 hours later. The trip went well though and the little Master Guest House (only 4 rooms) in the outskirts of New Delhi has been a great little oasis as I eased myself into (another) pretty hectic and busy city and country. Master is run by Avnish and Ushi, a lovely couple that spent most of the morning having breakfast with me and helping me plan my day... The result of the planning was that I visited both M. and I. Gandhi's memorial museums (which was the same as their assassination places), the prior being a very peaceful and inspiring place and the latter being crazy busy with at least 4 busloads of indian tourists squeezing their way through with me. I also visited one of the Mughal emperor's tomb, built by his loving wife post his death and by some viewed as a building that eventually inspired the Taj Mahal...
Tomorrow I'm off to see the real thing, I have a 430am wakeup call to make my 615am train to Agra.
(Not sure if it's big enough, but the picture shows Gandhi's glasses :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment