Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Hot, hot, hot...


I've realised that not many Western tourists are stupid enough to come to Rajasthan in September. The good thing about that is that I was pretty much on my own at Jaigarh (which hosts the biggest canon in the world), the bad thing is that the monkeys didn't have anyone else to play with. The views were amazing though. Back "down" to Amber Fort, I was no longer alone. It was me and lots and lots of Indian school boys wanting to pose with me and lots of Indian families that were largely there to visit a temple that's right next to the fort. It's a great sight though, cause they all dress up in their best outfits and best jewels and sparkle their way to the top. Once I finished the climb, the tour and the walk back down to catch a tuk-tuk, I was in desperate need of something refreshing. So what better than a lassi from (supposedly) Jaipur's best provider and one of its oldest institutions (since 1944...). As with everything else in India, lots of people are involved in everything. So there was a man that took my money and my order another man who gave me my change and a token (AND, to be fair, helped the curd man), then there was a man who actually made the lassi (with the help of a machine) and handed them out, and another man who put a layer of curd on top of the lassi before it was handed to me. The place was superbusy (unlike every other lassi place around it), so I figured it was safe enough... Oh, and yes, it tasted fab.


1 comment: