Monday, 23 November 2009

Feel like a crash test dummy



I'm just back at my guest house (and home for the coming 4+ weeks) after a day of "shadow teaching" three classes of very enthusiastic 7-14 year old kids. I know that I haven't been working for a little while, so that might explain it, but I am utterly exhausted... and tomorrow I get to teach all classes on my own cause we're a bit short on volunteers at the moment.

So for the coming four weeks I will be teaching in a school/shack slightly outside of Siam Reap (literally in the middle of nowhere) that just opened about a month ago. Various children from the hood have been enrolled to learn English for an hour a day as a complement to either no school or a little bit of government schooling. I have picked up a few hints and tips of various ways of teaching letters and sounds and words and colors and body parts etc etc etc... and I'm sure it will be a piece of cake (I mean, how scary can a group of kids be...?).

Attached is a few pics from an event on Saturday, when we threw an "opening party" of the new playground a few volunteers had built by the school. One of the big problems in the country side has proven to be regular attendance so we're trying to make school as fun as possible.

All in, I'm very excited about the coming few weeks. It seems like it will be a challenge, but fun at the same time.




1 comment:

  1. Hej Fanny!

    LÄNGE sen!
    Hittade din blogg via facebook, verkar som att du är på en oerhört spännande resa! Du verkar ha det toppen, kul att läsa om dina äventyr!

    Kramar
    Jenny G

    ReplyDelete