Friday, 27 November 2009

Living the hi-life


I survived my first week and have spent most of Saturday morning recovering, but also checking out the local yoga teacher, Heidi and getting myself a local SIM-card.

And soon I'm meeting up with my fellow teacher (there are two class rooms in our school) to plan out the coming few weeks. However, there's one thing I've been keeping from you. The school is in the middle of nowhere right... and the only place we can go for lunch is a lovely little eco-lodge 5-star hotel where the organisation has negotiated a 30% discount for the teachers of this particular school. That means we get to hang out by their pool for an hour in the middle of the day, eat lovely food for about $4 and recover from the dust and heat of the school and Treak village.

As always there is a world of contrasts hitting me in the countries that I'm visiting, but the contrast between the poor people of Cambodia and the rich tourists of Siem Reap and of the cool pool and the damp floor of "my" classroom is one of the biggest so far.




1 comment:

  1. fanny, you are such a great person for doing this! amazing!

    ReplyDelete