...the sky was on fire and all kinds of interesting activities were going on as the fishermen pulled up their nets (yes that's a tiny little octopus clinging on to my finger... it eventually got loose and I helped it into the water, the fisherman thought I was truly mad). However, it did mean we got to see the somewhat darker side of the beautiful life on the coast as 80% of what was in the nets was rubbish!! And moments later we saw this lovely looking local lady walk down towards the water with something in her arms only to realise that it was rubbish that she simply dumped into the ocean...
Friday, 29 January 2010
Even earlier...
...the sky was on fire and all kinds of interesting activities were going on as the fishermen pulled up their nets (yes that's a tiny little octopus clinging on to my finger... it eventually got loose and I helped it into the water, the fisherman thought I was truly mad). However, it did mean we got to see the somewhat darker side of the beautiful life on the coast as 80% of what was in the nets was rubbish!! And moments later we saw this lovely looking local lady walk down towards the water with something in her arms only to realise that it was rubbish that she simply dumped into the ocean...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vietnam sounds wonderful! Perhaps I should add it to my itinerary. In Koh Phangan right now doing detox. It would be awesome if we could manage to cross paths for a drink or dinner one day. Where on the island will you be staying? // Linda
ReplyDelete