Saturday, 16 January 2010

Same same but different

Khaosan Road was pretty much the same as when Frida and I visited it 8 years ago (oh how time flies), albeit a bit busier and crazier... Two top sights was this man's veggie cart (he sells veggies to all the pad thai stands along the road) and a bar that only opened after dark proudly proclaiming (with several bring yellow signs) that they were selling "very strong drinks" and "we will not check ID cards". Beautiful.

I'm now on my way to Vietnam to join up with Ann in Hanoi. I had a much earlier start to the day than planned (well if you have to know... nature called at 120am and something ran across my foot as I was sitting there in the dark, after kicking it off and turning on the light and seeing a massive (obviously) cockroach in the corner of the bathroom I just couldn't fall back asleep and eventually ended up heading to the airport an hour and a half earlier) and now have plenty of time to explore all that BKK airport has to offer. Nothing bad that doesn't bring good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment