In case you haven't picked it up yet, I've gotten into fresh coconut water. I had an ancient idea that I didn't really like it, but was proven wrong about a month ago... and now you really can't keep me away. Having some quiet time in Bangkok (yes, too much time on your hands is interesting), I just had to do some surfing about my new favorite liquid... thought I'd share the results -- it is naturally fat-free and it is an excellent hot climate drink due to its high potassium and mineral content (nature's own sports drink! ;-). Some people go quite mad about it, have a look at 7 benefits of coconut water.
And the economist in me just had to go there:
Siem Reap -- 2000 riel or o.50 USD
Laos -- 6000 kip or 0.71 USD (with a wide range... all the way up to 15000 kip!!)
Bangkok -- 20 baht or 0.61 USD
... confirming the theory that Laos is suffering from some "tourist inflation" as a result of all the rage and the downturn.
No comments:
Post a Comment